At Wonderland you can choose if you want to let your child join an after school peer group, consisting only of children of the same age. Or if you rather like your child to join a mixed-age group, consisting of 4 to 12 year olds. We call this ‘age based day care in a horizontal or a vertical group’. Both group types have distinguishing characteristics and advantages.
But that is not the only choice you have. Wonderland offers many other options for after school care. Like day care specifically for the holidays, day care for the early morning when school has not yet started and day care for the school’s lunch break. Additionally, we offer theme based day care, like After School Swimming, After School Sports, After School Open-Air and After School Riding. And you have the possibility to combine these options. In other words: we offer your child plenty of opportunity to discover all kinds of things during his or her free time, and to go on an adventure together with Wonderland.
The vertical group
mixed ages, from 4 to 12 years
Our vertical groups are mixed age groups, consisting of children of children from 4 to 12 years of age. In these groups the children learn a lot from each other. Younger children observe the skills of older children, while older kids learn a lot from their interactions with younger children. A vertical after school group is particularly suitable for children sensitive to change. And for parents who prefer to have brothers and sisters in the same group together.
Advantages of the vertical group:
- Your child remains in the same group for the entire period of after school care.
- Our staff members will get to know your child through and through, enabling them to respond to your child’s individual needs even better.
- Younger children learn from older children, older children help younger children
- The group stimulates the development of your child’s social skills, like showing consideration for each other.
- Parents learn from each other and see that certain behaviour may be age-bound.
- Over the years both parents and child will deal with the same staff members, creating a trusting relationship.
- Your child will participate in the activities at his or her own level.
On the location pages you can read which group type(s) there are at the location of your choice.
Early Morning Care
Care before the school day starts
Sometimes, as a parent, you need to set out quite early and you do not have the time to quietly bring your child to school in peace. Wonderland’s Early Morning Care may then be a nice solution. With this type of after school care your child is welcome at Wonderland from 7:30. Here, your child will quietly begin the day. With something to drink and a tasty piece of fruit. And all of Wonderland’s toys to play with. One of our staff members will bring your child to school in time.
Please note: locations may offer Early Morning Care at different times. For correct information, please read the page dedicated to the day care location of your choice.
Lunch Time Care
Child care during the lunch break
At several locations Wonderland provides Lunch Time Care during the school’s lunch break. The registration for and payment of this service are handled by the schools.